Red Hat to buy storage software maker Inktank for $175 mln
April 30 (Reuters) - Linux operating system vendor Red Hat Inc said it will buy privately held storage systems provider Inktank Ceph Enterprise for $175 million to expand in the fast growing market for software-defined storage.
Inktank's open-source Ceph software helps its customers replace legacy storage systems and increase the scale of their storage.
Red Hat said it expected the purchase to be completed in May this year. It also reaffirmed its 2015 outlook.
Inktank, founded in 2012, counts Cisco, CERN and Deutsche Telekom as customers. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Rodney Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash
- Nigeria's purported Boko Haram leader says has "married off" girls - AFP
- Group says piece of metal found on Pacific island is from Earhart's plane
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels