Rupee off day's high tracking weakness in local shares
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading at 60.36/37 after rising as high as 60.2650, a level last seen on April 21. The pair had closed at 60.42/43 per dollar on Tuesday.
The pair was off the day's lows tracking falls in local stocks and short-covering by banks amid caution before the U.S. Fed's policy meet outcome later in the day.
USD/INR seen in a 60.30 to 60.45 range until the end of the session.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Amazon to sell packaged food and beverages in India - Economic Times
BACK IN JAIL
Subrata Roy, the jailed chief of India's Sahara conglomerate, is back in a cell after living in a makeshift prison office for two months as he tried to negotiate the sale of his luxury hotels, a jail official said. Full Article
Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle. Full Article
Diageo bars United Breweries from appointing independent director at United Spirits. Full Article