Rupee off day's high tracking weakness in local shares
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading at 60.36/37 after rising as high as 60.2650, a level last seen on April 21. The pair had closed at 60.42/43 per dollar on Tuesday.
The pair was off the day's lows tracking falls in local stocks and short-covering by banks amid caution before the U.S. Fed's policy meet outcome later in the day.
USD/INR seen in a 60.30 to 60.45 range until the end of the session.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
- Doubts surface about Modi after trade deal scuppered
- Rupee posts biggest weekly loss since record lows in August
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article