Rupee off day's high tracking weakness in local shares
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee is trading at 60.36/37 after rising as high as 60.2650, a level last seen on April 21. The pair had closed at 60.42/43 per dollar on Tuesday.
The pair was off the day's lows tracking falls in local stocks and short-covering by banks amid caution before the U.S. Fed's policy meet outcome later in the day.
USD/INR seen in a 60.30 to 60.45 range until the end of the session.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- UPDATE 3-Ocwen shares slide after NY finds backdated foreclosure letters
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article