Nintendo to introduce console for emerging markets as early as 2015/16
TOKYO (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd Chief Executive Satoru Iwata said on Thursday he plans to introduce a new kind of games console and software for emerging markets as early as next year, rather than launch existing hardware such as its Wii U or 3DS.
Iwata told Reuters in an interview following an analyst briefing that Nintendo would offer new hardware for countries such as China, oriented towards consumers with lower incomes and less gaming experience than those in developed countries.
Nintendo released its full-year earnings on Wednesday, booking its third year in the red after disappointing sales of its Wii U home games console.
(Reporting by Sophie Knight)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
- Gunmen said to chase investigators from MH17 crash site
Amazon.com Inc posted a much larger-than-expected loss in the second quarter as it continues its rapid pace of investment in new businesses such as digital content and consumer electronics. Full Article
Google under fire from regulators over response to EU privacy ruling. Full Article
Flaws could expose users of privacy-protecting software, researchers say. Full Article
China regulator determines Qualcomm has monopoly - state-run newspaper. Full Article