Symantec 4th-qtr profit rises 14 pct
May 8 (Reuters) - Antivirus and security software maker Symantec Corp reported a 14 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by cost cutting as it adjusts to falling PC sales.
Net income attributable to the company rose to $217 million, or 31 cents per share, in the quarter ended March 28, from $190 million, or 27 cents per share, a year ago.
Revenue fell 7 percent to $1.63 billion in the fourth quarter from $1.75 billion a year earlier. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Rodney Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
- Nifty hits record high on foreign buying, higher Asian stocks
- Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices