Symantec 4th-qtr profit rises 14 pct
May 8 (Reuters) - Antivirus and security software maker Symantec Corp reported a 14 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by cost cutting as it adjusts to falling PC sales.
Net income attributable to the company rose to $217 million, or 31 cents per share, in the quarter ended March 28, from $190 million, or 27 cents per share, a year ago.
Revenue fell 7 percent to $1.63 billion in the fourth quarter from $1.75 billion a year earlier. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Rodney Joyce)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire