AT&T to strike deal with DirecTV in as soon as two weeks - WSJ
May 12 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc is expected to strike a deal with DirecTV in as early as two weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing sources.
The mobile services provider and the satellite TV company are discussing a cash-and-stock deal, the sources told the Journal. (link.reuters.com/zuf39v)
DirecTV is working with advisers including Goldman Sachs Group to evaluate a possible combination following a recent takeover approach, Reuters reported last week.
AT&T declined to comment, while DirecTV representatives were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore and Marina Lopes and Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- Facebook beats Wall Street targets, stock hits record high |
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- UPDATE 3-Tanker charge tarnishes Boeing's 2nd-quarter profit