Exit polls reveal 'high' error margins - CSuisse
Reuters Market Eye - Credit Suisse says exit polls out on Monday showing Bharatiya Janata Party and its allies headed for a majority still reveal a "range of high uncertainty."
The investment bank points out that while national totals are within a relatively narrow range, the state numbers that add up to those totals vary "widely."
"This suggest high measurement error margins," Credit Suisse says.
Actual election results will be out on Friday.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen
- Congress signals it could back Modi's insurance reform plan
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Recharge your phone in 30 seconds? Israeli firm says it can
The reformist government that many Indians and free-market flag-bearers had hoped would emerge after this year's election isn't in New Delhi - at least not yet. Rajasthan, derided as a poverty-stricken laggard, has taken the lead on structural reforms that, their backers argue, could also help Asia's No.3 economy as a whole to attract business and employ a fast-growing workforce. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article