Facebook to open sales office in China - Bloomberg
REUTERS - Facebook Inc plans to open a sales office in China to work with local advertisers, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The world's largest social networking company is in talks to lease space in the Fortune Financial Center in Beijing's central business district, Blooming said, citing the sources.
Facebook could open an office in China within a year, a person familiar with the matter said. (r.reuters.com/vag39v)
Facebook could not be immediately reached for comment outside of U.S. business hours.
The sales office would put, for the first time, Facebook employees inside mainland China, where its services are blocked. Facebook has a sales office in Hong Kong.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Richard Chang)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
Microsoft Corp reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue, helped by stronger sales of its phones, Surface tablets and cloud-computing products for companies, while keeping its margins intact. Read
Google bolsters artificial intelligence efforts, partners with Oxford. Full Article
China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns. Full Article