Facebook to open sales office in China - Bloomberg
REUTERS - Facebook Inc plans to open a sales office in China to work with local advertisers, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The world's largest social networking company is in talks to lease space in the Fortune Financial Center in Beijing's central business district, Blooming said, citing the sources.
Facebook could open an office in China within a year, a person familiar with the matter said. (r.reuters.com/vag39v)
Facebook could not be immediately reached for comment outside of U.S. business hours.
The sales office would put, for the first time, Facebook employees inside mainland China, where its services are blocked. Facebook has a sales office in Hong Kong.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Richard Chang)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- UPDATE 3-Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares surged in their first day of trading as investors jumped at the chance to get in on what looks likely to be the largest IPO in history and profit from China's growing middle class. Article
Los Angeles iPad rollout for schools slowed by technical challenges - report. Full Article
When music stops for Oracle CEO dance, Catz may grab Ellison's chair - analysts. Full Article