Foreign investors step up buying of shares
Reuters Market Eye - Overseas investors have bought cash shares and index futures worth 63.39 billion rupees ($1.06 billion) in the three sessions from Friday to Tuesday.
Foreign investors bought cash shares worth 45 billion rupees ($752.76 million) and index futures worth 18.4 billion rupees in the previous three sessions.
The net purchases come at a time when shares have rallied to record highs on widespread expectations that the opposition party BJP and its allies would clinch a majority in elections results due to be unveiled on Friday.
($1 = 59.7800 rupees)
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- UPDATE 6-Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- UPDATE 3-Ford's lower profit beats estimates; sales down on F-150 launch
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article