Foreign investors step up buying of shares
Reuters Market Eye - Overseas investors have bought cash shares and index futures worth 63.39 billion rupees ($1.06 billion) in the three sessions from Friday to Tuesday.
Foreign investors bought cash shares worth 45 billion rupees ($752.76 million) and index futures worth 18.4 billion rupees in the previous three sessions.
The net purchases come at a time when shares have rallied to record highs on widespread expectations that the opposition party BJP and its allies would clinch a majority in elections results due to be unveiled on Friday.
($1 = 59.7800 rupees)
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea sentences US citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labour
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- Liberia president sacks 10 officials told to return to fight Ebola
Xi's South Asia Visit
China will pledge to invest billions of dollars in India's rail network during a visit by President Xi Jinping this week, bringing more than diplomatic nicety to the neighbours' first summit since Narendra Modi became prime minister in May. Full Article | Video