Foreign investors step up buying of shares
Reuters Market Eye - Overseas investors have bought cash shares and index futures worth 63.39 billion rupees ($1.06 billion) in the three sessions from Friday to Tuesday.
Foreign investors bought cash shares worth 45 billion rupees ($752.76 million) and index futures worth 18.4 billion rupees in the previous three sessions.
The net purchases come at a time when shares have rallied to record highs on widespread expectations that the opposition party BJP and its allies would clinch a majority in elections results due to be unveiled on Friday.
($1 = 59.7800 rupees)
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- Reliance Power to buy Jaiprakash's hydropower business
The Indian subsidiary of Anglo-Dutch parent Unilever made a net profit of 10.57 billion rupees ($175.9 million) for the three months ended June 30, from 10.19 billion rupees in the same period a year earlier. Full Article