Foreign investors step up buying of shares
Reuters Market Eye - Overseas investors have bought cash shares and index futures worth 63.39 billion rupees ($1.06 billion) in the three sessions from Friday to Tuesday.
Foreign investors bought cash shares worth 45 billion rupees ($752.76 million) and index futures worth 18.4 billion rupees in the previous three sessions.
The net purchases come at a time when shares have rallied to record highs on widespread expectations that the opposition party BJP and its allies would clinch a majority in elections results due to be unveiled on Friday.
($1 = 59.7800 rupees)
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- WHO warns of 'shadow zones' and unreported Ebola cases
- China gold exchange gains traction as yuan reforms stir interest
- Liverpool won't change attacking style says Rodgers
More than 70 percent of Indians are satisfied with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi since he took office nearly three months ago, an opinion poll showed, seeing in him the best hope to put the economy back on track. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article