RPT-Taiwan's Hon Hai halts Vietnam production for 3 days
(Repeats to attach to alert)
HONG KONG May 16 (Reuters) - Taiwan contract manufacturer Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd has ordered its workers in Vietnam to take a three-day leave of absence beginning on Saturday, the company said in an e-mailed statement on Friday.
Anti-China protests, triggered by a dispute in the South China Sea, have led to vandalism, factory shut-downs and some deaths in several industrial parks in Vietnam.
Hon Hai makes parts for Apple Inc's iPhone, iPad and laptops, as well as computers and servers for Hewlett-Packard Co and Cisco Systems Inc. (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones