Spurring higher sustainable growth is key for new govt - Fitch
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The new government must focus on boosting growth, by spurring a pick-up in investments, Fitch Ratings said on Friday, calling this the most important issue from a sovereign credit perspective.
"The most salient issue for the new government from a sovereign credit perspective seems to get growth back to higher sustainable levels, which would require a strong pick up in investments," Thomas Rookmaaker, director in the sovereign ratings group at Fitch wrote in an emailed statement.
Fitch added the investment climate can be strengthened by measures including "a clear strategy" for fiscal consolidation, creating a low inflation environment and a new push towards structural reforms, including reducing red tape and easing infrastructure bottlenecks.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- UPDATE 5-Hurricane Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, sparks looting
- India tightens Vietnam defence, oil ties ahead of China's Xi's visit
Importing Iron Ore
An oversupplied global iron ore market may find some relief from an unlikely source as former No.3 exporter India turns into a big importer due to a cutback in domestic production. Full Article
India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - govt source. Full Article