Spurring higher sustainable growth is key for new govt - Fitch
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The new government must focus on boosting growth, by spurring a pick-up in investments, Fitch Ratings said on Friday, calling this the most important issue from a sovereign credit perspective.
"The most salient issue for the new government from a sovereign credit perspective seems to get growth back to higher sustainable levels, which would require a strong pick up in investments," Thomas Rookmaaker, director in the sovereign ratings group at Fitch wrote in an emailed statement.
Fitch added the investment climate can be strengthened by measures including "a clear strategy" for fiscal consolidation, creating a low inflation environment and a new push towards structural reforms, including reducing red tape and easing infrastructure bottlenecks.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article