Spurring higher sustainable growth is key for new govt - Fitch
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The new government must focus on boosting growth, by spurring a pick-up in investments, Fitch Ratings said on Friday, calling this the most important issue from a sovereign credit perspective.
"The most salient issue for the new government from a sovereign credit perspective seems to get growth back to higher sustainable levels, which would require a strong pick up in investments," Thomas Rookmaaker, director in the sovereign ratings group at Fitch wrote in an emailed statement.
Fitch added the investment climate can be strengthened by measures including "a clear strategy" for fiscal consolidation, creating a low inflation environment and a new push towards structural reforms, including reducing red tape and easing infrastructure bottlenecks.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups
- Banks pile pressure on liquor baron Mallya over airline loans
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article