Google said to be in talks to buy streaming-video site Twitch - WSJ
(Reuters) - Google Inc was said to be in talks to acquire video-streaming service Twitch, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Sunday.
Officials at Google and Twitch declined to comment on the matter.
The report said the size of the deal could not be learned and discussions between the parties were at an early stage. In addition, the company was said to be looking at raising additional funding instead of selling itself.
In September, Twitch raised $20 million in funding from Thrive Capital, WestSummit Capital and Take-Two Interactive Software Inc, among other parties.
(Reporting by Mike Stone; Editing by Eric Walsh)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- India to probe corruption in healthcare after TV sting
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan
Apple Inc has asked suppliers to manufacture between 70 million and 80 million of its two forthcoming large-screen iPhones by the end of the year, its largest initial production run of iPhones, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources. Full Article