Expect rupee to test 57 per dlr in three months: JP Morgan
Reuters Market Eye - J.P.Morgan expects USD/INR to test 57 per dollar in the next three months as Narendra Modi's sweeping electoral victory "is a more transformational outcome for India macro than most could have imagined" and will thus attract foreign inflows.
The bank adds it expects Modi to fight inflation through administrative measures, and the focus on the RBI should reduce.
As a result, J.P.Morgan recommends receiving 5-year OIS expecting the rate to fall 25-50 bps, inverting the swap curve further.
However, J.P.Morgan warns that higher borrowing from the new government could hurt longer-tenure bonds and recommends investors stick to the 5-year government bonds for carry.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- UPDATE 2-EU agrees economic sanctions on Russia
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
Top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel posted a 61 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday but fell short of analyst estimates as its African business continued to weigh. Full Article
Finmeccanica settles with Italy prosecutors to end Indian chopper deal probe. Full Article