Expect rupee to test 57 per dlr in three months: JP Morgan
Reuters Market Eye - J.P.Morgan expects USD/INR to test 57 per dollar in the next three months as Narendra Modi's sweeping electoral victory "is a more transformational outcome for India macro than most could have imagined" and will thus attract foreign inflows.
The bank adds it expects Modi to fight inflation through administrative measures, and the focus on the RBI should reduce.
As a result, J.P.Morgan recommends receiving 5-year OIS expecting the rate to fall 25-50 bps, inverting the swap curve further.
However, J.P.Morgan warns that higher borrowing from the new government could hurt longer-tenure bonds and recommends investors stick to the 5-year government bonds for carry.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel
- International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow