Omnicom, Twitter sign $230 mln mobile ad deal
REUTERS - Omnicom Group Inc's media services division signed a deal worth $230 million with Twitter Inc that will integrate Omnicom's automated ad buying unit Accuen with Twitter's mobile ad exchange MoPub.
The two-year deal will lock in ad rates and inventory access for Omnicom agencies and will also give Omnicom a "first look" at new ad units and opportunities being developed by the microblogging site.
Wall Street Journal reported the deal first. (link.reuters.com/xyj69v)
"This is the first holding company agreement we've done on the mobile ad exchange side," Adam Bain, Twitter's president of global revenue, told the newspaper.
Twitter confirmed the deal but declined to comment further.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- Israel's Mossad takes hunt for foreign spies and informants online
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article