Containing inflation priority for new government - Naidu
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Containing inflation is a priority for the newly formed government, Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said on Thursday after a cabinet meeting.
"Containing inflation is an obvious priority for the government," Naidu told a news briefing after Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a cabinet meeting.
Modi, who was sworn in on Monday after a landslide election victory, has completed his government team. Thursday's cabinet meeting scheduled an opening session of the lower house of parliament for June 4-11.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Douglas Busvine; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice |
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
- India moves toward ban on loose cigarettes to deter smoking
India's economic growth probably slowed to around 5 percent in the three months to September, slipping from 5.7 percent in the previous quarter, two senior finance ministry sources said, putting pressure on the central bank to cut interest rates. Full Article