Containing inflation priority for new government - Naidu
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Containing inflation is a priority for the newly formed government, Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said on Thursday after a cabinet meeting.
"Containing inflation is an obvious priority for the government," Naidu told a news briefing after Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a cabinet meeting.
Modi, who was sworn in on Monday after a landslide election victory, has completed his government team. Thursday's cabinet meeting scheduled an opening session of the lower house of parliament for June 4-11.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Douglas Busvine; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article