Containing inflation priority for new government - Naidu
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Containing inflation is a priority for the newly formed government, Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said on Thursday after a cabinet meeting.
"Containing inflation is an obvious priority for the government," Naidu told a news briefing after Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a cabinet meeting.
Modi, who was sworn in on Monday after a landslide election victory, has completed his government team. Thursday's cabinet meeting scheduled an opening session of the lower house of parliament for June 4-11.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Douglas Busvine; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Skin-eating Asian fungus imperils world's salamanders
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article