Containing inflation priority for new government - Naidu
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Containing inflation is a priority for the newly formed government, Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu said on Thursday after a cabinet meeting.
"Containing inflation is an obvious priority for the government," Naidu told a news briefing after Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a cabinet meeting.
Modi, who was sworn in on Monday after a landslide election victory, has completed his government team. Thursday's cabinet meeting scheduled an opening session of the lower house of parliament for June 4-11.
(Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Writing by Douglas Busvine; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Kentucky firefighter critical after ice bucket challenge mishap
- WHO warns of 'shadow zones' and unreported Ebola cases
- China gold exchange gains traction as yuan reforms stir interest
More than 70 percent of Indians are satisfied with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi since he took office nearly three months ago, an opinion poll showed, seeing in him the best hope to put the economy back on track. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article