Insurance stocks surge on hopes of FDI limit hike
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in insurance companies surge on hopes that the new government may raise foreign direct investment limit in the sector to 49 percent from 26 percent, multiple dealers say.
Max India (MAXI.NS) surges 8.7 percent, Reliance Capital (RLCP.NS) advances 5.4 percent and Bajaj Finserv (BJFS.NS) gains 4.4 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.5 percent to an all-time high of 27,759.01. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article