Mascherano agrees new four-year Barcelona deal
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Barcelona’s Javier Mascherano has agreed a new deal to stay for a further four seasons, the club said on Saturday, in a move that shows new coach Luis Enrique has a role for him in his side.
"Barcelona announces that it has reached an agreement with Javier Mascherano for the improvement and extension of his contract for the next four seasons, until the 30th June 2018, plus an optional extra year. The buyout clause is 100 million euros ($136.43 million)," a club statement read.
There has been plenty of speculation over the future of the Argentine who arrived from Liverpool in 2010 as a defensive midfielder who could play as a makeshift centre back, but has ended up being mainly employed at the back.
The Barcelona defence looked shaky last season and Mascherano's weaknesses were exposed, particularly his lack of height.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- Israel's Mossad takes hunt for foreign spies and informants online
- Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to U.S.
It is often said that the depth of talent on the PGA Tour has become stronger than ever, but does this apparently widespread belief stand up to statistical analysis? Full Article