Exclusive - Amazon.com plans local services marketplace this year - sources
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc later this year plans to launch a marketplace for local services, a broad term that encompasses anything from babysitters to handymen, several people familiar with the matter said.
The move takes direct aim at consumer review sites Yelp Inc and Angie's List Inc as well as U.S. home improvement chains Home Depot Inc and Lowe's Companies Inc, which have both invested in ways to connect customers with local plumbers, painters and other service providers.
Amazon declined to comment.
(Editing by Peter Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- NATO to create new "spearhead" force to respond to crises
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time on Monday as blue-chips such as ICICI Bank gained after better-than-expected quarterly economic growth data. Full Article
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article