Exclusive - Amazon.com plans local services marketplace this year - sources
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc later this year plans to launch a marketplace for local services, a broad term that encompasses anything from babysitters to handymen, several people familiar with the matter said.
The move takes direct aim at consumer review sites Yelp Inc and Angie's List Inc as well as U.S. home improvement chains Home Depot Inc and Lowe's Companies Inc, which have both invested in ways to connect customers with local plumbers, painters and other service providers.
Amazon declined to comment.
(Editing by Peter Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA |
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
A combination the "world's factory" and the "world's back office" will drive global economic growth, Chinese President Xi Jinping said ahead of a rare visit to India on Wednesday, playing down mistrust that has kept the Asian giants apart. Full Article
Climate smart farmers get tech savvy to save India's bread basket. Full Article