Exclusive - Amazon.com plans local services marketplace this year - sources
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc later this year plans to launch a marketplace for local services, a broad term that encompasses anything from babysitters to handymen, several people familiar with the matter said.
The move takes direct aim at consumer review sites Yelp Inc and Angie's List Inc as well as U.S. home improvement chains Home Depot Inc and Lowe's Companies Inc, which have both invested in ways to connect customers with local plumbers, painters and other service providers.
Amazon declined to comment.
(Editing by Peter Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- China gold exchange gains traction as yuan reforms stir interest
- WHO warns of 'shadow zones' and unreported Ebola cases
- EXCLUSIVE - Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
More than 70 percent of Indians are satisfied with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi since he took office nearly three months ago, an opinion poll showed, seeing in him the best hope to put the economy back on track. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article