Exclusive - Amazon.com plans local services marketplace this year - sources
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc later this year plans to launch a marketplace for local services, a broad term that encompasses anything from babysitters to handymen, several people familiar with the matter said.
The move takes direct aim at consumer review sites Yelp Inc and Angie's List Inc as well as U.S. home improvement chains Home Depot Inc and Lowe's Companies Inc, which have both invested in ways to connect customers with local plumbers, painters and other service providers.
Amazon declined to comment.
(Editing by Peter Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
China grew at its slowest pace since the global financial crisis in the September quarter and risks missing its official target for the first time in 15 years, adding to concerns the world's second-largest economy is becoming a drag on global growth. Full Article
Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman. Full Article