Exclusive - Amazon.com plans local services marketplace this year - sources
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc later this year plans to launch a marketplace for local services, a broad term that encompasses anything from babysitters to handymen, several people familiar with the matter said.
The move takes direct aim at consumer review sites Yelp Inc and Angie's List Inc as well as U.S. home improvement chains Home Depot Inc and Lowe's Companies Inc, which have both invested in ways to connect customers with local plumbers, painters and other service providers.
Amazon declined to comment.
(Editing by Peter Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Alumnus dead after opening fire at Florida State University, wounding 3 |
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83
- UPDATE 2-Doctor who treated source of second Mali Ebola outbreak dies
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83 |
Kotak Mahindra Bank has agreed to buy ING Vysya in an all-share deal valuing its smaller rival at $2.4 billion, bulking up as analysts predict the start of long-awaited consolidation in a crowded banking sector. Full Article
U.S. court overturns bid by Ranbaxy to block launch of rival generic drugs. Full Article
Tech Mahindra to buy U.S.-based network services operator for $240 million Full Article
Infosys unit's overbilling Apple led to exit of top execs - sources. Full Article