Exclusive - Amazon.com plans local services marketplace this year - sources
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc later this year plans to launch a marketplace for local services, a broad term that encompasses anything from babysitters to handymen, several people familiar with the matter said.
The move takes direct aim at consumer review sites Yelp Inc and Angie's List Inc as well as U.S. home improvement chains Home Depot Inc and Lowe's Companies Inc, which have both invested in ways to connect customers with local plumbers, painters and other service providers.
Amazon declined to comment.
(Editing by Peter Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Preview: Basel fans baffled by new coach Sousa's switches
- Obama, Modi vow to boost strategic ties, create model for world
- Preview: Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- China censors try to blunt Hong Kong protests, don't always succeed
- Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi must not give in to U.S. pressure to change intellectual property laws which allow India to produce generic medicines poor people can afford, the medical charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said. Full Article | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article