Brazil recover from early own goal, 1-1 with Croatia at halftime
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Nervy Brazil fell behind to an 11th-minute Marcelo own goal in the opening game of the World Cup against Croatia on Thursday, but got back on level terms thanks to a sublime Neymar strike just before the half-hour mark at the Corinthians arena.
Roared on by a fanatical home support, Brazil gradually exerted control over the Group A opener and went in to the halftime break looking more like the team many expect to win a record-extending sixth World Cup.
(Reporting by Peter Rutherford; Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
- UPDATE 1-J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website -media
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
- J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website - media
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article