Brazil recover from early own goal, 1-1 with Croatia at halftime
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Nervy Brazil fell behind to an 11th-minute Marcelo own goal in the opening game of the World Cup against Croatia on Thursday, but got back on level terms thanks to a sublime Neymar strike just before the half-hour mark at the Corinthians arena.
Roared on by a fanatical home support, Brazil gradually exerted control over the Group A opener and went in to the halftime break looking more like the team many expect to win a record-extending sixth World Cup.
(Reporting by Peter Rutherford; Editing by Ed Osmond)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article