Justin Bieber cleared in LA attempted robbery case -city attorney
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Justin Bieber has been cleared of wrongdoing in an attempted robbery investigation in which the Canadian pop star was accused of trying to take a woman's mobile phone, the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office said on Monday.
Prosecutors rejected the allegations because of insufficient evidence to back up the claims, City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan said.
Bieber, 20, was accused in May of trying to take the woman's mobile phone after she was suspected of taking photos of him at an amusement park in Van Nuys, California, in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley.
Representatives for Bieber did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The "Boyfriend" singer has had a string of recent legal issues, including an assault charge in Toronto and charges of driving under the influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license in Miami Beach, Florida.
Bieber is also under investigation for allegedly pelting a neighbor's home in nearby Calabasas, California, with eggs and causing damage.
(Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Editing by Piya Sinha-Roy and Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
Trending On Reuters
Shimit Amin’s “Ab Tak Chhappan” (“56 So Far”) was a slick film about an encounter cop with a heart of gold. Aejaz Gulab’s sequel to the 2004 police drama takes away all the good qualities but retains the film-making style of the original film’s producer Ram Gopal Varma – streaky shots, contorted camera angles, and ear-shattering background music. Full Article