Oil explorers slump on gas pricing worries
Reuters Market Eye - Oil explorers slump on worries higher gas pricing might be allowed only for incremental output, which dealers say can limit upside for such companies for at least the next two years.
"The petroleum ministry has proposed that higher gas price as per the Rangarajan formula could be allowed only for incremental production over and above the current levels, as an alternative to applying the formula unconditionally from July 1," a report in Financial Express said on Thursday.
Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) slumps 6.3 percent while Oil India (OILI.NS) is down 5.2 percent.
Among, private oil and gas producers Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) falls 2.8 percent while Cairn India (CAIL.NS) is down 0.8 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wall St Week Ahead - Fed change unlikely to blunt equities' appeal over bonds
- UPDATE 3-Heineken confirms, rebuffs SABMiller bid
- Islamic State executes eight Sunnis in northern Iraq
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine - defence minister
- British queen urges Scots to 'think carefully' on independence vote
Xi's South Asia Visit
China will pledge to invest billions of dollars in India's rail network during a visit by President Xi Jinping this week, bringing more than diplomatic nicety to the neighbours' first summit since Narendra Modi became prime minister in May. Full Article | Video