Oil explorers slump on gas pricing worries
Reuters Market Eye - Oil explorers slump on worries higher gas pricing might be allowed only for incremental output, which dealers say can limit upside for such companies for at least the next two years.
"The petroleum ministry has proposed that higher gas price as per the Rangarajan formula could be allowed only for incremental production over and above the current levels, as an alternative to applying the formula unconditionally from July 1," a report in Financial Express said on Thursday.
Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) slumps 6.3 percent while Oil India (OILI.NS) is down 5.2 percent.
Among, private oil and gas producers Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) falls 2.8 percent while Cairn India (CAIL.NS) is down 0.8 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article