Facebook website returns to service after crash
REUTERS - Facebook Inc.'s website crashed briefly on Thursday, temporarily preventing computer and mobile phone users from reaching the site around the globe.
During the outage, Facebook users ranging from Australia to South Korea to India and Britain were greeted with a message saying "Sorry, something went wrong".
The cause of the outage was not immediately known. Its exact duration could not be confirmed but service was restored in less than an hour.
It prevented users from posting to the social networking site "for a brief period of time", a Facebook spokesman said.
"We resolved the issue quickly, and we are now back to 100 percent," he said. "We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."
(Reporting by Supriya Kurane and Sampad Patnaik in Bangalore and Eric Auchard in London; editing by Dale Hudson and Jason Neely)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Army base in Texas on lockdown after suspicious vehicle found
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Asia stocks jump as China, Europe step up stimulus
- Iran, powers eye extension of nuclear talks with deadline hours away
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs on Monday, tracking Asian peers which jumped on the prospect of further policy stimulus in China and Europe. Full Article