India to present budget on July 10 - govt sources
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will present the budget for the 2014/15 financial year on July 10, government sources said, three days after the parliament begins its budget session.
The new government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will present the railway budget on July 8 and the country's economic survey on July 9.
The budget session of parliament is scheduled to conclude on Aug. 14, but it could be extended further, the sources said.
India's previous government presented an interim budget for 2014/15 to parliament on Feb. 17, ahead of national elections to cover expenditure until a new administration was installed.
(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by Malini Menon and Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- Gunmen said to chase investigators from MH17 crash site
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article