India has not received information on Swiss "black money" - Jaitley
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has not received any communication from Switzerland about "black money" suspected to be stashed in Swiss banks, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Monday.
Jaitley's comments followed media reports that Switzerland has prepared a list of names of Indian account holders who they suspect of not paying taxes. Jaitley said he was writing to the Swiss authorities for more information.
(Reporting By Manoj Kumar; Writing by Sruthi Gottipati; Editing by Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- UPDATE 8-U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article