India has not received information on Swiss "black money" - Jaitley
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has not received any communication from Switzerland about "black money" suspected to be stashed in Swiss banks, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Monday.
Jaitley's comments followed media reports that Switzerland has prepared a list of names of Indian account holders who they suspect of not paying taxes. Jaitley said he was writing to the Swiss authorities for more information.
(Reporting By Manoj Kumar; Writing by Sruthi Gottipati; Editing by Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone