India has not received information on Swiss "black money" - Jaitley
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has not received any communication from Switzerland about "black money" suspected to be stashed in Swiss banks, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Monday.
Jaitley's comments followed media reports that Switzerland has prepared a list of names of Indian account holders who they suspect of not paying taxes. Jaitley said he was writing to the Swiss authorities for more information.
(Reporting By Manoj Kumar; Writing by Sruthi Gottipati; Editing by Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Bill Cosby says he does not have to 'answer to innuendos': report
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article