India has not received information on Swiss "black money" - Jaitley
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government has not received any communication from Switzerland about "black money" suspected to be stashed in Swiss banks, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Monday.
Jaitley's comments followed media reports that Switzerland has prepared a list of names of Indian account holders who they suspect of not paying taxes. Jaitley said he was writing to the Swiss authorities for more information.
(Reporting By Manoj Kumar; Writing by Sruthi Gottipati; Editing by Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article