Sugar refiners gain on hopes of government aid
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of sugar refiners gain after a report that Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan has called a second high-level meeting on Monday to discuss ways to bail out the ailing sugar industry.
Bajaj Hindusthan Ltd (BJHN.NS) gains 3 percent, Dhampur Sugar Mills Ltd (DAMS.NS) higher 2.1 percent, Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd (SRES.NS) up 3.2 percent, and Balrampur Chini Mills Ltd (BACH.NS) rises 3.8 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Former Cream frontman Jack Bruce dies aged 71
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
The Nifty will stay in a broad band of 7,800-8,200 with an immediate resistance at around 8,050 levels. One should look to selectively accumulate in sectors such as infrastructure, capital goods, cement, power and metals. The outperforming sectors such as pharma, IT and auto ancillaries could take a breather due to international headwinds, writes Ambareesh Baliga. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article