Sugar refiners gain on hopes of government aid
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of sugar refiners gain after a report that Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan has called a second high-level meeting on Monday to discuss ways to bail out the ailing sugar industry.
Bajaj Hindusthan Ltd (BJHN.NS) gains 3 percent, Dhampur Sugar Mills Ltd (DAMS.NS) higher 2.1 percent, Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd (SRES.NS) up 3.2 percent, and Balrampur Chini Mills Ltd (BACH.NS) rises 3.8 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
The Australian government on Monday approved Indian firm Adani Mining Pty Ltd's $15.5 billion Carmichael coal and rail project in Queensland, subject to strict conditions to protect groundwater. Full Article