SAN FRANCISCO Google Inc (GOOG.O) (GOOGL.O) unveiled a "Google Fit" platform on Wednesday to help users of its Android mobile software collate and keep track of health and fitness data on smartwatches and other mobile devices.
Fit functions similarly to recently introduced services from Apple (AAPL.O) and Samsung (005930.KS). The tracking and analysis of health information is expected to be a big driver for smartwatches and other sensor-laden devices this year.
(Reporting by Alexei Oreskovic; Editing by Chris Reese)
Trending On Reuters
India has blocked hundreds of adult websites to prevent pornography becoming a social nuisance, a government official said on Monday, sparking a debate about censorship and freedom in the world's largest democracy. Article | Poll
- Samsung glamour days over as it fights to save mobile market share
- Drug using 3D printing technology gets FDA nod
- U.S. court to hear lawsuits over 'net neutrality' in December
- U.S. drones capture breath samples from humpback whales in study
- Internet experts submit draft plan for U.S. to cede domain oversight