Google unveils "Fit" health, fitness tracking platform
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Google Inc (GOOG.O) (GOOGL.O) unveiled a "Google Fit" platform on Wednesday to help users of its Android mobile software collate and keep track of health and fitness data on smartwatches and other mobile devices.
Fit functions similarly to recently introduced services from Apple (AAPL.O) and Samsung (005930.KS). The tracking and analysis of health information is expected to be a big driver for smartwatches and other sensor-laden devices this year.
(Reporting by Alexei Oreskovic; Editing by Chris Reese)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 3-Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares surged in their first day of trading as investors jumped at the chance to get in on what looks likely to be the largest IPO in history and profit from China's growing middle class. Article