FIFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Suarez
MANAUS Brazil (Reuters) - FIFA said on Tuesday it had opened disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay forward Luis Suarez, who bit Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini during a game earlier in the day.
"FIFA can confirm that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the player Luis Suarez of Uruguay," the world soccer body said in a statement.
FIFA said Suarez and the Uruguayan soccer association had until 5 p.m. Brasilia time (2000 GMT) on Wednesday to "provide their position and any documentary evidence they deem relevant".
(Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Ian Ransom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms