FIFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Suarez
MANAUS Brazil (Reuters) - FIFA said on Tuesday it had opened disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay forward Luis Suarez, who bit Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini during a game earlier in the day.
"FIFA can confirm that disciplinary proceedings have been opened against the player Luis Suarez of Uruguay," the world soccer body said in a statement.
FIFA said Suarez and the Uruguayan soccer association had until 5 p.m. Brasilia time (2000 GMT) on Wednesday to "provide their position and any documentary evidence they deem relevant".
(Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Ian Ransom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
- US STOCKS-Wall St to open up after jobless claims data; Jackson Hole ahead
- Landslides hit Japan's Hiroshima, killing at least 36 |
Former Newcastle United striker Michael Chopra was picked by the Kerala Blasters, co-owned by cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar, in an international draft for the upcoming Indian Super League on Thursday. Full Article