Infosys co-founder Murthy plans India JV with Amazon - paper
REUTERS - Infosys Ltd co-founder N.R. Narayana Murthy is close to entering into an e-commerce joint venture in India with Amazon.com Inc through his investment firm, Catamaran Ventures, India's Economic Times reported.
Catamaran confirmed the planned venture with Amazon Asia, the business daily reported on Thursday.
Amazon and Catamaran were not immediately available for comment.
Catamaran will hold a 51 percent stake in the business, as required under India's foreign direct investment rules, the newspaper reported, citing sources.
Murthy built up Infosys into one of India's top outsourcing service companies. He stepped down as executive chairman of the company earlier this month.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
- UPDATE 4-Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article