Infosys co-founder Murthy plans India JV with Amazon - paper
REUTERS - Infosys Ltd co-founder N.R. Narayana Murthy is close to entering into an e-commerce joint venture in India with Amazon.com Inc through his investment firm, Catamaran Ventures, India's Economic Times reported.
Catamaran confirmed the planned venture with Amazon Asia, the business daily reported on Thursday.
Amazon and Catamaran were not immediately available for comment.
Catamaran will hold a 51 percent stake in the business, as required under India's foreign direct investment rules, the newspaper reported, citing sources.
Murthy built up Infosys into one of India's top outsourcing service companies. He stepped down as executive chairman of the company earlier this month.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 5-U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital
- REFILE-Slain journalist's employer publishes email to family from Islamic State
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article