Infosys co-founder Murthy plans India JV with Amazon - paper
REUTERS - Infosys Ltd co-founder N.R. Narayana Murthy is close to entering into an e-commerce joint venture in India with Amazon.com Inc through his investment firm, Catamaran Ventures, India's Economic Times reported.
Catamaran confirmed the planned venture with Amazon Asia, the business daily reported on Thursday.
Amazon and Catamaran were not immediately available for comment.
Catamaran will hold a 51 percent stake in the business, as required under India's foreign direct investment rules, the newspaper reported, citing sources.
Murthy built up Infosys into one of India's top outsourcing service companies. He stepped down as executive chairman of the company earlier this month.
(Reporting by Abhirup Roy in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article