Production down "slightly" at Lanco India plant after pipeline blast
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Production at the 1,466 megawatt Kondapalli power plant of the Lanco Group in southern India has fallen "slightly" after a blast on Friday at a pipeline supplying it with gas, a spokesman for the company operating the plant said.
Lanco Group, which operates the plant in Andhra Pradesh, is now sourcing gas from an alternate line, the spokesman said.
More than a dozen people were killed on Friday after a blast at a gas pipeline operated by state-owned energy company GAIL (India) Ltd (GAIL.NS).
(Reporting by Tommy Wilkes; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- E-tailer Flipkart raises $1 billion in funding
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- ICC bans Moeen Ali from wearing 'Save Gaza' wristbands