Taiwan's HTC Q2 profit T$2.26 bln, slightly above estimates
TAIPEI, July 3
TAIPEI, July 3(Reuters) - Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp on Thursday reported an 80 percent rise in second-quarter net profit from a year ago, slightly beating analyst expectations, as a business turnaround strategy started to stem a decline in sales.
April-June net profit reached T$2.26 billion ($75 million) versus a T$2.17 billion mean profit estimate of 17 analysts polled by Reuters.
The result compared with a T$1.88 billion loss in the previous three months, and T$1.25 billion profit in the same quarter a year earlier. (Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- L&T Q1 revenue $3.2 billion, beats analyst estimates
- Reliance Power to buy Jaiprakash's hydropower business
- Australia approves Adani's $16 bln Carmichael coal project
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions