Taiwan's HTC Q2 profit T$2.26 bln, slightly above estimates
TAIPEI, July 3
TAIPEI, July 3(Reuters) - Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corp on Thursday reported an 80 percent rise in second-quarter net profit from a year ago, slightly beating analyst expectations, as a business turnaround strategy started to stem a decline in sales.
April-June net profit reached T$2.26 billion ($75 million) versus a T$2.17 billion mean profit estimate of 17 analysts polled by Reuters.
The result compared with a T$1.88 billion loss in the previous three months, and T$1.25 billion profit in the same quarter a year earlier. (Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47