Afghanistan's Abdullah says he is the winner of last month's run-off
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan presidential contender Abdullah Abdullah told thousands of supporters on Tuesday he was the winner of last month's run-off election, putting himself on a collision course with his arch-rival, Ashraf Ghani.
"We are the winner of this round of elections without any doubt," he told a roaring crowd in central Kabul.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni; Writing by Maria Golovnina; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 2-EU agrees economic sanctions on Russia
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
Top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel posted a 61 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday but fell short of analyst estimates as its African business continued to weigh. Full Article
Finmeccanica settles with Italy prosecutors to end Indian chopper deal probe. Full Article