Afghanistan's Abdullah says he is the winner of last month's run-off
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan presidential contender Abdullah Abdullah told thousands of supporters on Tuesday he was the winner of last month's run-off election, putting himself on a collision course with his arch-rival, Ashraf Ghani.
"We are the winner of this round of elections without any doubt," he told a roaring crowd in central Kabul.
(Reporting by Mirwais Harooni; Writing by Maria Golovnina; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article