Israel bombs media car in downtown Gaza, kills driver - medics
GAZA (Reuters) - An Israeli aircraft targeted a civilian car in the centre of Gaza City's busiest shopping street on Wednesday night and at least one person in the car, the driver, was killed, medics said.
Video of the destroyed car showed it had large red stickers that read "TV". The killed driver, Hamed Shehab, 30, worked for the Gaza-based news website Media 24. (media24.ps/)
A Media 24 journalist told Reuters that Shehab was occasionally called in to work as a driver when news events warranted.
The Israeli military had no initial comment on the strike, and a spokeswoman said she was checking for details.
(Reporting by Nidal Almughrabi, Editing by Ori Lewis and Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
The death toll from the Ebola epidemic rose to 4,922 out of 10,141 known cases in eight countries through Oct. 23, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Saturday. Full Article