GAZA An Israeli aircraft targeted a civilian car in the centre of Gaza City's busiest shopping street on Wednesday night and at least one person in the car, the driver, was killed, medics said.
Video of the destroyed car showed it had large red stickers that read "TV". The killed driver, Hamed Shehab, 30, worked for the Gaza-based news website Media 24. (media24.ps/)
A Media 24 journalist told Reuters that Shehab was occasionally called in to work as a driver when news events warranted.
The Israeli military had no initial comment on the strike, and a spokeswoman said she was checking for details.
(Reporting by Nidal Almughrabi, Editing by Ori Lewis and Ken Wills)
Trending On Reuters
A death toll of 27 from flooding across Myanmar was expected to rise as rescue workers struggled on Monday to reach some of the hardest-hit and most remote inundated areas, officials said. Full Article | Video
- U.S. to defend Syrian rebels with airpower, including from Assad
- U.N. states agree post-2015 sustainable development agenda
- Barnacles on debris could provide clues to missing MH370 - experts
- Rouhani says nuclear deal a "third way" for Iranian foreign policy
- Taiwan school textbook row highlights antipathy to 'one China'