India to raise 454.71 billion rupees in telecoms sector fees
REUTERS - The government expects to raise 454.71 billion rupees ($7.59 billion) from the telecoms sector in fees, including proceeds from airwave auctions, during the current fiscal year, the government said in its budget presentation on Thursday.
The previous government had said in its interim budget in February that it aims to raise 389.54 billion rupees from the sector.
Receipts under 'other communication services' mainly relate to one-time spectrum charges levied as per the recommendations of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, auction of 1800 MHz and 900 MHz spectrum, and receipts from 800 MHz spectrum, the government said.
The Department of Telecom collects recurring licence fees from various telecom operators licensed by it, apart from one-time entry fees from new operators.
($1 = 59.9350 rupees)
(Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Mumbai; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Boxer Sarita Devi showed lack of sportsmanship, say organisers
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article