Time Warner concerned about Murdoch's succession plan, governance - source
(Reuters) - Time Warner Inc's management rebuffed Fox's recent takeover approach partly due to concerns over the company's corporate governance and the succession plan of its chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rupert Murdoch, a source familiar with the matter said.
The company also said on Wednesday that there was "significant risk and uncertainty" over the valuation of Fox's non-voting stock, which would have been used in the stock portion of the deal.
(Reporting by Liana B. Baker; Editing by Chris Reese)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site
- India keeps world guessing in countdown to landmark trade pact deadline
- India to probe corruption in healthcare after TV sting
- Modi's BJP puts political twist on local sex abuse case
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan
Apple Inc has asked suppliers to manufacture between 70 million and 80 million of its two forthcoming large-screen iPhones by the end of the year, its largest initial production run of iPhones, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources. Full Article