KIEV Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Louise Ireland)
Trending On Reuters
Hundreds of angry migrants demonstrated outside Budapest's shuttered Eastern Railway Terminus on Tuesday, demanding that they be allowed to travel on to Germany, as a migration crisis put the European Union's rules under unprecedented strain. Full Article
- Thai police say arrested man played key role in Bangkok blast
- Satellite images confirm major temple destroyed in Syria's Palmyra - U.N
- Insight - Anti-Muslim Buddhist group moves toward Myanmar's mainstream
- Pope to allow all priests to forgive abortion during Holy Year
- Three killed, dozens wounded, in suicide attack on Pakistan forces