Rebels hamper search operations at airliner wreckage scene - Ukrainian official
KIEV (Reuters) - Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power on Friday defended federal guidelines for monitoring health workers returning from three Ebola-stricken West African countries and praised the airlines still flying there. Full Article
Thousands denounce HSBC board member's likening of Hong Kong people to freed slaves. Full Article