Rebels hamper search operations at airliner wreckage scene - Ukrainian official
KIEV (Reuters) - Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- WHO vaccines boss signs up as Ebola trial guinea pig
- UPDATE 4-P&G to exit Duracell battery business; quarterly sales dip
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- UPDATE 10-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
Canada vowed on Friday to toughen laws against terrorism as an opinion poll showed a majority of Canadians lacked confidence in their security services' ability to deter homegrown radicals who struck twice in the past week. Full Article
Kurds reject Erdogan report of deal with Syrian rebels to aid besieged Kobani. Full Article
Japan could deploy minesweepers off S. Korea in war with North, U.S. admiral says. Full Article