KIEV (Reuters) - Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Louise Ireland)
Trending On Reuters
Tens of thousands of people braved heavy rain and lined the streets of Singapore on Sunday to catch a last glimpse of founding PM Lee Kuan Yew as his funeral procession wound through the country he helped build. Full Article
- Diplomats and U.N. staff flee Yemen as Houthis target Aden
- Pakistan sends 747 jumbo jets to evacuate distraught nationals from Yemen
- Iran, powers struggle to overcome disputes in push for nuclear deal
- Tunisian forces kill nine militants in south before solidarity march
- Libya tells Arab summit arms embargo must be lifted to fight IS
Insight - Modi's popularity in rural India punctured by discontent, suicides Full Article