KIEV Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Louise Ireland)
Trending On Reuters
Medical aid group Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) on Sunday demanded an independent international inquiry into a suspected U.S. air strike that killed 22 people in an Afghan hospital it runs, branding the attack a "war crime". Full Article | Video
- Assad says Russian air campaign vital to save Middle East
- Myanmar nationalist monks stage large rally as religious tensions grow
- Germany faces logistical nightmare as refugee inflows hit record
- Cameron refuses to rule out Brexit, says recasting EU ties hard work
- Families mourn victims of Guatemala landslide, hundreds feared dead