KIEV Armed separatists are hindering search efforts at the site in eastern Ukraine where a Malaysian airliner came down on Thursday, the head of Ukraine's emergency services said.
"The search work is difficult because we are talking about a big radius ... but also because armed terrorists who are on the spot are hampering things," Serhiy Bochkovsky told journalists. He gave no details.
(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Louise Ireland)
Trending On Reuters
A dispute over U.N. sanctions on Iran's ballistic missile programme and a broader arms embargo were among issues holding up a nuclear deal between Tehran and six world powers on Monday, the day before their latest self-imposed deadline. Full Article | Revolutionary Guards to benefit
- Islamic State takes ground from Syrian Kurds after air strikes
- Buffett donates record $2.84 billion to Gates, family charities
- Pakistani gunmen kill three in attack blamed on Islamist groups
- BRICS summit gives Putin a chance to show Russia not isolated
- Thousands camp out for Pope's first mass in Ecuador
Sri Lanka polls timed ahead of U.N. war crimes report to foil Rajapaksa comeback Full Article
Why Kiran Rao wants to focus on Indian cinema rather than international films at Mumbai festival Full Article