Blue-chip earnings in focus for Sensex and Nifty
Reuters Market Eye - Trading is expected to be dominated by corporate earnings in the near term, with blue chips including Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), HDFC Bank Ltd (HDBK.NS), Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC.NS), and Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.NS) set to post results.
Global factors will also be key after a Malaysian plane was shot down in eastern Ukraine, stoking tensions between Russia and the West.
Progress on monsoon would also be a key focus area for equity traders in the near term.
KEY FACTORS/EVENTS TO WATCH
Sat: Reliance Industries (RELI.NS), UltraTech Cement (ULTC.NS)
Mon: Canara Bank (CNBK.NS), HDFC Bank (HDBK.NS),
Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC.NS),
Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS)
Tues: Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), Asian Paints (ASPN.NS)
Wedn: Cairn India (CAIL.NS)
Thurs: Wipro (WIPR.NS), Ambuja Cements, ACC (ACC.NS)
Fri: Punjab National Bank (PNBK.NS)
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at age 90
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article