Blue-chip earnings in focus for Sensex and Nifty
Reuters Market Eye - Trading is expected to be dominated by corporate earnings in the near term, with blue chips including Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.NS), HDFC Bank Ltd (HDBK.NS), Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC.NS), and Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.NS) set to post results.
Global factors will also be key after a Malaysian plane was shot down in eastern Ukraine, stoking tensions between Russia and the West.
Progress on monsoon would also be a key focus area for equity traders in the near term.
KEY FACTORS/EVENTS TO WATCH
Sat: Reliance Industries (RELI.NS), UltraTech Cement (ULTC.NS)
Mon: Canara Bank (CNBK.NS), HDFC Bank (HDBK.NS),
Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC.NS),
Idea Cellular (IDEA.NS)
Tues: Axis Bank (AXBK.NS), Asian Paints (ASPN.NS)
Wedn: Cairn India (CAIL.NS)
Thurs: Wipro (WIPR.NS), Ambuja Cements, ACC (ACC.NS)
Fri: Punjab National Bank (PNBK.NS)
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Plague in Madagascar has killed 40 people out of 119 cases -WHO
- Widespread flooding ahead for snowy western New York: officials |
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse - sources
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article