HSBC says Kaveri, PI top picks in India's agri sector
Reuters Market Eye - HSBC initiates coverage of Indian agricultural sector with "overweight" ratings for seed supplier Kaveri Seed Company (KVRI.NS) and agrochemical firm PI Industries Ltd (PIIL.NS) citing their "growth profiles, favourable sector trends and attractive valuations."
HSBC says projections for India's food demand could see agricultural yields improving by 1.7 percent annually, making companies in this segment "stronger gainers in coming years."
The investment bank also initiates UPL limited (UPLL.NS) with an "overweight" rating, calling the company "India's only genuine play on global crop protection."
But HSBC initiates Rallis India Ltd (RALL.NS) with a "netural" rating, saying a recent rally has made valuations rich.
(Reporting by Dipika Lalwani)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
Trending On Reuters
Barack Obama in India
- Video: Modi receives Obama at the airport
- "We have a deal" - insurance may unlock India-U.S. atomic trade
- U.S.-China climate deal does not put pressure on India, says Modi
- Obama backs India's solar goals, seeks support for climate talks
- Column - U.S. and India: Two democracies should join to balance China's rise
Indian economic growth forecasts pegged back, despite rate cuts: Reuters Poll. Full Article