HSBC says Kaveri, PI top picks in India's agri sector
Reuters Market Eye - HSBC initiates coverage of Indian agricultural sector with "overweight" ratings for seed supplier Kaveri Seed Company (KVRI.NS) and agrochemical firm PI Industries Ltd (PIIL.NS) citing their "growth profiles, favourable sector trends and attractive valuations."
HSBC says projections for India's food demand could see agricultural yields improving by 1.7 percent annually, making companies in this segment "stronger gainers in coming years."
The investment bank also initiates UPL limited (UPLL.NS) with an "overweight" rating, calling the company "India's only genuine play on global crop protection."
But HSBC initiates Rallis India Ltd (RALL.NS) with a "netural" rating, saying a recent rally has made valuations rich.
(Reporting by Dipika Lalwani)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article