HSBC says Kaveri, PI top picks in India's agri sector
Reuters Market Eye - HSBC initiates coverage of Indian agricultural sector with "overweight" ratings for seed supplier Kaveri Seed Company (KVRI.NS) and agrochemical firm PI Industries Ltd (PIIL.NS) citing their "growth profiles, favourable sector trends and attractive valuations."
HSBC says projections for India's food demand could see agricultural yields improving by 1.7 percent annually, making companies in this segment "stronger gainers in coming years."
The investment bank also initiates UPL limited (UPLL.NS) with an "overweight" rating, calling the company "India's only genuine play on global crop protection."
But HSBC initiates Rallis India Ltd (RALL.NS) with a "netural" rating, saying a recent rally has made valuations rich.
(Reporting by Dipika Lalwani)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article