HSBC says Kaveri, PI top picks in India's agri sector
Reuters Market Eye - HSBC initiates coverage of Indian agricultural sector with "overweight" ratings for seed supplier Kaveri Seed Company (KVRI.NS) and agrochemical firm PI Industries Ltd (PIIL.NS) citing their "growth profiles, favourable sector trends and attractive valuations."
HSBC says projections for India's food demand could see agricultural yields improving by 1.7 percent annually, making companies in this segment "stronger gainers in coming years."
The investment bank also initiates UPL limited (UPLL.NS) with an "overweight" rating, calling the company "India's only genuine play on global crop protection."
But HSBC initiates Rallis India Ltd (RALL.NS) with a "netural" rating, saying a recent rally has made valuations rich.
(Reporting by Dipika Lalwani)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alibaba surges 38 pct on massive demand in market debut
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 3-Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Kurdish leader urges world to protect Syrian town from Islamic State
- UPDATE 9-Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins
India has capped the prices of 36 drugs, including those used to treat infections and diabetes, in its latest move to make essential medicines more affordable, a senior official of the country's drug pricing authority told Reuters on Friday. Full Article
Top rice exporter India importing over 100,000 T on temporary supply squeeze. Full Article