BlackBerry names ex-Sybase executive as chief operating officer
TORONTO (Reuters) - BlackBerry Limited (BB.TO) named Marty Beard as its chief operating officer on Monday, filling a position that had been vacant since November following a management reshuffle.
Beard was most recently chief executive officer of LiveOps Inc, a provider of cloud applications for customer service. Prior to that he was an executive of Sybase, an enterprise software maker that was formerly run by current BlackBerry CEO John Chen.
BlackBerry said Beard in his new role would be responsible for marketing, application development, quality and customer care, among other things.
Former BlackBerry COO Kristian Tear left the company late last year, shortly after Chen took the reins.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Newtown massacre shooter indulged dark obsessions online, report says
- Plague in Madagascar has killed 40 people out of 119 cases -WHO
- Canadian vets plan to join Kurdish fight against Islamic State
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
A U.S. judge on Friday gave final approval to Apple Inc's agreement to pay $450 million to resolve claims it harmed consumers by conspiring with five publishers to raise e-book prices. Full Article