LG Electronics says Q3 operating profit to grow vs year earlier
SEOUL (Reuters) - LG Electronics Inc expects operating profit for the July-September quarter to grow from the same period a year earlier, as returns from the mobile business are likely to improve, the company's chief financial officer said on Thursday.
Jung Do-hyun, speaking at a meeting with analysts after the company reported second-quarter earnings, said third-quarter revenue should grow on year by a high single-digit percentage rate.
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Christopher Cushing)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
Microsoft Corp reported higher-than-expected quarterly revenue, helped by stronger sales of its phones, Surface tablets and cloud-computing products for companies, while keeping its margins intact. Read
Google bolsters artificial intelligence efforts, partners with Oxford. Full Article
China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns. Full Article