L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Reuters Market Eye - Citigroup downgrades Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) to "neutral" from "buy", citing "rich" valuations and says Q1 "raises multiple red flags," including lower-than-expected standalone sales and margin details.
Earnings "were a warning that investors/analysts need to curb their enthusiasm,” the bank adds.
Deutsche Bank also downgrades L&T, to "hold" from "buy", citing concerns about valuations and says large order wins are in the low-margin hydrocarbons sector.
L&T falls as much as 7.9 percent, heads for biggest fall since July 2009.
(Reporting by Manoj Rawal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe suffers cancer relapse
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Border standoff dominates Xi Jinping's visit to India
A standoff between Indian and Chinese soldiers overshadowed a visit to New Delhi by China's President Xi Jinping on Thursday, with a $20 billion investment pledge eclipsed by robust comments from Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the dispute. Full Article | Slideshow