L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Reuters Market Eye - Citigroup downgrades Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) to "neutral" from "buy", citing "rich" valuations and says Q1 "raises multiple red flags," including lower-than-expected standalone sales and margin details.
Earnings "were a warning that investors/analysts need to curb their enthusiasm,” the bank adds.
Deutsche Bank also downgrades L&T, to "hold" from "buy", citing concerns about valuations and says large order wins are in the low-margin hydrocarbons sector.
L&T falls as much as 7.9 percent, heads for biggest fall since July 2009.
(Reporting by Manoj Rawal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article