L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
Reuters Market Eye - Citigroup downgrades Larsen & Toubro Ltd (LART.NS) to "neutral" from "buy", citing "rich" valuations and says Q1 "raises multiple red flags," including lower-than-expected standalone sales and margin details.
Earnings "were a warning that investors/analysts need to curb their enthusiasm,” the bank adds.
Deutsche Bank also downgrades L&T, to "hold" from "buy", citing concerns about valuations and says large order wins are in the low-margin hydrocarbons sector.
L&T falls as much as 7.9 percent, heads for biggest fall since July 2009.
(Reporting by Manoj Rawal)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Amal Alamuddin earns high-fashion accolades as Clooney's bride
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
U.S. President Barack Obama and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi agreed on Tuesday to deepen U.S.-Indian cooperation on maritime security to ensure freedom of navigation in what amounts to a response to China's naval muscle-flexing in Asia. Story | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article