Apple Inc intends to lay off about 200 people at Beats Electronics LLC following its $3 billion acquisition of the headphone and music streaming services company, Bloomberg cited a person with knowledge of the restructuring as saying.
The job cuts will mainly hit human resources, finance and other departments with significant overlap between the two, the news agency reported.
Apple's largest acquisition in decades, announced in May, lands the iPhone maker a fast-growing music subscription business, executives like Jimmy Iovine with strong ties to the recording industry, and a line of premium headphones.
(Reporting by San Francisco newsroom)
Trending On Reuters
From Vienna cafes to the European Union's highest court, an Austrian law student's two-year battle against Facebook and mass U.S. surveillance culminated in a landmark ruling that has rippled across the business world. Full Article
- Nokia's bosses to dominate leadership team after Alcatel deal
- Samsung Elec sees Q3 profit boost despite smartphone woes
- Pentagon says remains vigilant on security of electronics supply chain
- Journalist who allegedly helped hackers makes final pitch to jury
- Facebook updates News Feed to accommodate weak connections