Apple to lay off about 200 people at Beats - Bloomberg
(Reuters) - Apple Inc intends to lay off about 200 people at Beats Electronics LLC following its $3 billion acquisition of the headphone and music streaming services company, Bloomberg cited a person with knowledge of the restructuring as saying.
The job cuts will mainly hit human resources, finance and other departments with significant overlap between the two, the news agency reported.
Apple's largest acquisition in decades, announced in May, lands the iPhone maker a fast-growing music subscription business, executives like Jimmy Iovine with strong ties to the recording industry, and a line of premium headphones.
(Reporting by San Francisco newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-JetBlue flight makes emergency landing at California airport, 4 hurt
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- UPDATE 2-Two small Russian banks taken off Canada sanctions list
- UPDATE 2-Russia approves tough budget as sanctions restrict growth
Alibaba Group priced its initial public offering at $68 a share, the top end of the expected range, raising $21.8 billion, in the latest sign of strong investor appetite for the Chinese e-commerce juggernaut. Full Article