Infosys' new CEO Sikka says to improve business with new growth avenues
REUTERS - Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) will improve its business by looking for new growth avenues and will return to historical performance levels in two years, top executives said on Friday.
Vishal Sikka, the 47-year-old former executive board member of German software company SAP AG (SAPG.DE), took charge of India's second-biggest IT services provider as Chief Executive on Friday.
Sikka starts with an almost clean administrative slate as founding members have given way in the hope of getting fresh blood into a hitherto conservative company.
Chief Operating Officer UB Pravin Rao said the company will be back to historic performance levels in a couple of years.
(Reporting by Sumeet Chatterjee in BANGALORE; Writing by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in MUMBAI)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21 - report
- Rapper Lecrae leads debut-filled top ten of Billboard 200 chart
- HIGHLIGHTS - Fed chief Yellen's remarks at press conference
- Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Genetic history of modern Europeans a tangled tale, research finds
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article