Infosys' new CEO Sikka says to improve business with new growth avenues
REUTERS - Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) will improve its business by looking for new growth avenues and will return to historical performance levels in two years, top executives said on Friday.
Vishal Sikka, the 47-year-old former executive board member of German software company SAP AG (SAPG.DE), took charge of India's second-biggest IT services provider as Chief Executive on Friday.
Sikka starts with an almost clean administrative slate as founding members have given way in the hope of getting fresh blood into a hitherto conservative company.
Chief Operating Officer UB Pravin Rao said the company will be back to historic performance levels in a couple of years.
(Reporting by Sumeet Chatterjee in BANGALORE; Writing by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in MUMBAI)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Microsoft plans to launch smartwatch within weeks: Forbes
- Sensex surges nearly 300 points on energy reforms, state elections
The BSE Sensex surges nearly 300 points and the Nifty gains 90 points after the government's energy reforms lead to a rally in energy firms, while wins by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party in two state elections raise expectations for additional reforms. Full Article