Reuters Market Eye - India's foreign exchange reserves of $320.56 billion in the week to Aug. 1 are close to surpassing a record high of $320.785 billion in September 2011.
Traders say RBI's intervention in the foreign exchange markets is the key reason for build up in reserves.
Current reserves cover a little over eight months of imports analysts say.
RBI bought a net $11.3 billion of up to one-year forwards in June, almost erasing its forward obligations.
It had bought $1.8 billion in the spot market in May, latest bulletin data showed.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
Trending On Reuters
Nepali police and local volunteers found the bodies of about 100 trekkers and villagers buried in an avalanche set off by last month's devastating earthquake and were digging through snow and ice for signs of dozens more missing, officials said on Monday. Full Article | Slideshow
- Everest not officially closed to climbers, Nepal says
- Video: Nepalese leave Kathmandu and return to villages
- Monsoons could bring disease, a second crisis, to Nepal - UNICEF
- Insight - Soul-searching over quake ends Everest climbing season
- Video: Relief goods for Nepal quake victims held up, remote areas awaiting aid
Facebook launches open Internet.org platform amid net neutrality debate in India Full Article