Syndicate Bank slumps after chairman's arrest
Reuters Market Eye - Syndicate Bank Ltd (SBNK.NS) falls as much as 6.5 percent to its lowest since May 21.
The lender's chairman was arrested over allegations of taking bribes to grant loan extensions to a company.
The stock had already slumped 18 percent in July on profit-taking in mid-cap shares.
Despite July falls, Syndicate Bank was up 52.5 percent this year as of Friday.
(Reporting by Indulal PM)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article