Syndicate Bank slumps after chairman's arrest
Reuters Market Eye - Syndicate Bank Ltd (SBNK.NS) falls as much as 6.5 percent to its lowest since May 21.
The lender's chairman was arrested over allegations of taking bribes to grant loan extensions to a company.
The stock had already slumped 18 percent in July on profit-taking in mid-cap shares.
Despite July falls, Syndicate Bank was up 52.5 percent this year as of Friday.
(Reporting by Indulal PM)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article