Syndicate Bank slumps after chairman's arrest
Reuters Market Eye - Syndicate Bank Ltd (SBNK.NS) falls as much as 6.5 percent to its lowest since May 21.
The lender's chairman was arrested over allegations of taking bribes to grant loan extensions to a company.
The stock had already slumped 18 percent in July on profit-taking in mid-cap shares.
Despite July falls, Syndicate Bank was up 52.5 percent this year as of Friday.
(Reporting by Indulal PM)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rapper Lecrae leads debut-filled top ten of Billboard 200 chart
- UPDATE 2-U.S. House passes bill to avert govt shutdown, extend Export-Import bank
- Biden apologizes for 'Shylocks' gaffe, visits Iowa
- HIGHLIGHTS - Fed chief Yellen's remarks at press conference
- US STOCKS-Wall St edges higher after Fed; Dow sets record
The Federal Reserve renewed its pledge to keep interest rates near zero for a "considerable time," but also indicated it could raise borrowing costs faster than expected when it starts moving. Article | Factbox
China cenbank injects $81 bln into major banks to support economy - reports Full Article