Apple to hold iPhone-related media event on Sept. 9: Re/code
(Reuters) - Apple Inc has scheduled a "big" media event related to the iPhone for Sept. 9, technology news website Re/code said, without citing sources. (on.recode.net/1qRPvKH)
Apple usually launches the newest version of its iPhone in September.
The company did not immediately return emails seeking comment.
Analysts and media reports have said Apple may launch two iPhone models with 4.7 and 5.5 inch screens this year to compete with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's popular Galaxy Note 3 phablets, which have a 5.7 inch display.
Apple's current iPhone models, the 5S and 5C, have a 4 inch display panel.
The company has asked suppliers to manufacture 70-80 million units of the new large-screen iPhones by the end of the year, the Wall Street Journal reported in July.
Apple's shares were down 0.8 percent at $94.81 in late afternoon trading on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Soham Chatterjee in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- OPEC oil output hits highest since 2012 on Libya, Saudi-Reuters Survey
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Obama, Modi discuss trade, climate, Islamic State at White House
Microsoft Corp announced its 'Windows 10' operating system on Tuesday, skipping a number, to replace the largely unpopular Windows 8 from two years ago. Full Article
Britain's Daily Mail website hires Piers Morgan as U.S. editor-at-large. Full Article