Apple to hold iPhone-related media event on Sept. 9: Re/code
(Reuters) - Apple Inc has scheduled a "big" media event related to the iPhone for Sept. 9, technology news website Re/code said, without citing sources. (on.recode.net/1qRPvKH)
Apple usually launches the newest version of its iPhone in September.
The company did not immediately return emails seeking comment.
Analysts and media reports have said Apple may launch two iPhone models with 4.7 and 5.5 inch screens this year to compete with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's popular Galaxy Note 3 phablets, which have a 5.7 inch display.
Apple's current iPhone models, the 5S and 5C, have a 4 inch display panel.
The company has asked suppliers to manufacture 70-80 million units of the new large-screen iPhones by the end of the year, the Wall Street Journal reported in July.
Apple's shares were down 0.8 percent at $94.81 in late afternoon trading on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Soham Chatterjee in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 7-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets. Full Article | Related Story