Weekahead - Sensex, Nifty seen flat-to-lower; global events eyed
REUTERS - The BSE Sensex and the Nifty seen flat-to-lower as investors eye global factors.
Concerns about potential U.S. strikes on Iraq and tensions between the West and Russia are among geo-political risk factors.
At home, investors will also focus on July consumer inflation data on Tuesday amid continued concerns about reduced monsoon rainfalls.
Market heavyweights such as Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) will report earnings during the week.
Markets will be closed on Friday for Independence Day.
KEY EVENTS/FACTORS TO WATCH
Mon: Tata Motors, Jet Airways (JET.NS) earnings,
Tues: U.S. Federal budget, India Industrial output data for June and CPI data for July; Jaiprakash Associates (JAIA.NS) earnings
Wed: U.S. June business inventories; GVK Power and Infrastructure (GVKP.NS) and GMR Infrastructure (GMRI.NS) earnings
Thurs: India WPI data for July
Fri: Markets are closed; U.S. industrial/manufacturing data
(Reporting by Indulal P)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Pistorius jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article