IDBI Bank says not being probed over Kingfisher loan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - State-run lender IDBI Bank Ltd (IDBI.NS) said on Tuesday it is not being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) over a loan to the now-grounded carrier Kingfisher Airlines Ltd (KING.NS).
The CBI has launched an initial probe over the loan against both companies, a spokeswoman for the agency said on Saturday.
"The preliminary enquiry initiated by CBI a few months ago is against the borrower...and not against IDBI Bank, as reported in the media," the lender said in a stock exchange filing.
"The Bank has been providing all the information and documents sought by the agency in the matter and will continue to extend full assistance to the agency in the said enquiry," it said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit
- KKR to lend $175 million to GMR Infrastructure - source
- Alibaba boosts IPO as demand strengthens
- India to decide on diesel deregulation after state polls - oil ministry source
India will decide on ending government control on diesel pricing after elections in two states next month, an oil ministry source said, even though local prices of the fuel are currently higher than the global rates, making a case for a cut in retail prices. Full Article
India says to defend China border after standoff ahead of Xi visit. Full Article