IDBI Bank says not being probed over Kingfisher loan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - State-run lender IDBI Bank Ltd (IDBI.NS) said on Tuesday it is not being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) over a loan to the now-grounded carrier Kingfisher Airlines Ltd (KING.NS).
The CBI has launched an initial probe over the loan against both companies, a spokeswoman for the agency said on Saturday.
"The preliminary enquiry initiated by CBI a few months ago is against the borrower...and not against IDBI Bank, as reported in the media," the lender said in a stock exchange filing.
"The Bank has been providing all the information and documents sought by the agency in the matter and will continue to extend full assistance to the agency in the said enquiry," it said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Column: Why work with Modi? It’s the economy, stupid
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article