IDBI Bank says not being probed over Kingfisher loan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - State-run lender IDBI Bank Ltd (IDBI.NS) said on Tuesday it is not being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) over a loan to the now-grounded carrier Kingfisher Airlines Ltd (KING.NS).
The CBI has launched an initial probe over the loan against both companies, a spokeswoman for the agency said on Saturday.
"The preliminary enquiry initiated by CBI a few months ago is against the borrower...and not against IDBI Bank, as reported in the media," the lender said in a stock exchange filing.
"The Bank has been providing all the information and documents sought by the agency in the matter and will continue to extend full assistance to the agency in the said enquiry," it said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Govt orders Financial Tech to absorb NSEL, liabilities
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article
Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders. Full Article