IDBI Bank says not being probed over Kingfisher loan
MUMBAI (Reuters) - State-run lender IDBI Bank Ltd (IDBI.NS) said on Tuesday it is not being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) over a loan to the now-grounded carrier Kingfisher Airlines Ltd (KING.NS).
The CBI has launched an initial probe over the loan against both companies, a spokeswoman for the agency said on Saturday.
"The preliminary enquiry initiated by CBI a few months ago is against the borrower...and not against IDBI Bank, as reported in the media," the lender said in a stock exchange filing.
"The Bank has been providing all the information and documents sought by the agency in the matter and will continue to extend full assistance to the agency in the said enquiry," it said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- Celebrity song to aid fight against Africa Ebola crisis tops UK charts
- Multi-national crew blasts off for space station
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article