SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Tuesday that sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console, launched in November, has surpassed 10 million units.
In April, the Japanese company said it had sold over 7 million PlayStation 4 units as of April 6 and was struggling to keep up with consumer demand.
The console went on sale on November 29 in the United States, Western Europe and Latin America, around the same time that rival Microsoft Corp's Xbox One was released. That console topped 3 million units in sales as of the end of last year.
Microsoft said in April it had shipped 5 million Xbox One units to retailers worldwide since the launch.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
Trending On Reuters
Wipro Ltd, India's third-biggest software services exporter, has appointed the son of billionaire founder Azim Premji to its board, in a long awaited promotion that moves the chairman's heir apparent closer to the top spot. Full Article
- HCL Tech March-quarter profit up 3.6 percent, lags estimates
- Abramovich leads $30 million investment round in Music Messenger app
- IBM sales fall for 12th quarter, currency weighs
- Yahoo, Microsoft add termination clause in search deal - filing
- China's Huawei targets July launch for public cloud service in China
EU ministers discuss migrant crisis as shipwrecked bodies brought ashore Full Article