Sony sells more than 10 million PlayStation 4 consoles
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Sony Corp said on Tuesday that sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console, launched in November, has surpassed 10 million units.
In April, the Japanese company said it had sold over 7 million PlayStation 4 units as of April 6 and was struggling to keep up with consumer demand.
The console went on sale on November 29 in the United States, Western Europe and Latin America, around the same time that rival Microsoft Corp's Xbox One was released. That console topped 3 million units in sales as of the end of last year.
Microsoft said in April it had shipped 5 million Xbox One units to retailers worldwide since the launch.
(Reporting by Malathi Nayak; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- UPDATE 4-JetBlue flight makes emergency landing at California airport, 4 hurt
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- UPDATE 2-Two small Russian banks taken off Canada sanctions list
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance
Alibaba Group priced its initial public offering at $68 a share, the top end of the expected range, raising $21.8 billion, in the latest sign of strong investor appetite for the Chinese e-commerce juggernaut. Full Article