Google buys city-guide app maker JetPac
REUTERS - Google Inc is buying JetPac Inc, the startup that designs social travel applications disclosed on its website on Friday, without providing details.
"We'll be removing Jetpac's apps from the App Store in the coming days, and ending support for them on 9/15," stated a posting on JetPac's homepage. (bit.ly/1b66Re9)
San Francisco-based JetPac has created a mobile application that uses pictures from various social networking sites to create city guides.
Earlier this year, Google bought Nest Labs Inc, which makes smart thermostat and smoke alarms, for $3.2 billion, making the deal one of the largest in Google's history.
Google was not available for comment outside of normal business hours.
(Reporting By Tanvi Mehta in Bangalore; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
Alibaba Group priced its initial public offering at $68 a share, the top end of the expected range, raising $21.8 billion, in the latest sign of strong investor appetite for the Chinese e-commerce juggernaut. Full Article
Apple's iPhone 6 Plus includes chips from Qualcomm, Skyworks - iFixit Full Article