Google buys city-guide app maker JetPac
REUTERS - Google Inc is buying JetPac Inc, the startup that designs social travel applications disclosed on its website on Friday, without providing details.
"We'll be removing Jetpac's apps from the App Store in the coming days, and ending support for them on 9/15," stated a posting on JetPac's homepage. (bit.ly/1b66Re9)
San Francisco-based JetPac has created a mobile application that uses pictures from various social networking sites to create city guides.
Earlier this year, Google bought Nest Labs Inc, which makes smart thermostat and smoke alarms, for $3.2 billion, making the deal one of the largest in Google's history.
Google was not available for comment outside of normal business hours.
(Reporting By Tanvi Mehta in Bangalore; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Newtown massacre shooter indulged dark obsessions online, report says
- Canadian vets plan to join Kurdish fight against Islamic State
- UPDATE 5-Sold-out Cosby show goes ahead amid sex assault claims
- CANADA FX DEBT-C$ hits 3-week high on forecast-beating CPI data, higher oil
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
A U.S. judge on Friday gave final approval to Apple Inc's agreement to pay $450 million to resolve claims it harmed consumers by conspiring with five publishers to raise e-book prices. Full Article